Adiabatic unit hygiene service
Industry: Food and Beverage
Location: Lockwood, Victoria
Year Completed: 2023
Type of system: Adiabatic Unit
Coolclean Job Performed
- The cooling tower was disinfected, power washed and pressure cleaned.
- All drift eliminators were removed, pressure cleaned, and re-fitted.
- There was a small build-up of dirt and scale within the basin.
- The drift eliminators required extra support horizontally, as the middle eliminators were starting to bow and drop.
- There were two valves on the drain line; the one closest to the tower had a broken handle and was left open. (This causes something called “dead leg,” as water is allowed to sit in the length of the pipe to the secondary valve. This water, over time, will grow bacteria and be pushed back into the basin and allowed to circulate through the system).
- Coolclean recommended installing FRP angles on the front and back of the eliminators to provide extra support and an even tighter fit, which overall reduces the chances of any drift from the tower.
- On this job, Coolclean also noticed that there is only one small platform around this tower, only allowing access to the hatch and one louvre. (This means the three remaining louvres on the tower have not been cleaned from the outside.) It is recommended that an access platform be built so full access is available to the cooling tower.