Air Handling Unit Hygiene Service Benefits
Air handling units require routine disinfection cleaning and protection to ensure they are hygienic, efficient, and safe to operate.
Professional air handling unit, AHU cleaning process delivers:
- Reduced electricity costs
- Eliminates bacteria and mould in the air handling unit.
- Eliminates the transfer of bacteria and mould from the AHU into the building spaces, ducts, rooms and onto grills.
- Restores the correct airflow and the correct unit cooling capacity.
- Enhanced air quality into a building. No smells, no bacteria, no mould transfer.
- Assists to keep the building mould-free and visibly cleaner as mould is not recirculated from the air handling unit.
- Improves the AHU unit reliability. Less breakdowns – Often the Air-conditioning system is not undersized; the AHU is simply dirty.
- Remove biofilm to reduce corrosion and scaling within the AHU coils and interior casing.
Coolclean is HACCP Certified for air handling unit hygiene cleaning service.
Coolclean follow strict work processes to carry out air handling unit disinfection cleaning and protection. Our technicians are fully qualified in HACCP standards and practices.
Cooling coils and supply air fans mush be disinfected
power washed and protected
Included in our service
Coolclean uses an advanced residual microbial biocide to safely clean and protect units from bacteria and mould. Much more than just the superficial cleaning of internal surfaces, our technicians use custom equipment to penetrate the coils, hygienically cleaning without causing equipment damage. Our Air handling unit cleaning service includes:
- Dismantling units and chemically disinfecting and protecting the air intake grills, fans, heat and cooling exchange coils, doors, and inside and outside surfaces.
- Cleaning of the interior, air intake grills, fans, ducting, air dampeners, and exterior of the AHU.
- Cleaning of the cooling and heat transfer coils using power washing techniques.
- Disconnect and flush drain lines.
- Clean and flush the condensation drip trays. Fit a condensate pan tablet to control mould and other contaminants.
- Clean surfaces surrounding doors and seals.
- A comprehensive service report is provided, together with pre- and post-clean photos.
- Compliant with AS/NZS1668.2 and AS/NZS3666.2
Apply disinfectant to coils Power wash coils
Apply protection to coil
Electricity costs significantly reduced
After 5 years, a non-cleaned air handling unit can use up to 50% more electricity. The efficiency of these units is affected by a number of factors – the age of the unit, system maintenance and cleanliness can increase energy consumption. In time, the surfaces of coils, ducts, fans, and air intake grills become dirty as the air moving through the AHU units can contain dust, dirt, pollen, bacteria, mould, pollen, and other contaminants.
Cleaning of return air chambers
Mould and bacteria control – Reduce corrosion
Mould and bacteria thrive in a moist environment. During the cleaning process, we remove mould, bacteria and contaminants from cooling equipment and surfaces. We then chemically treat the unit to protect it from mould and bacteria regrowth. Biological growth is a major cause of corrosion within an air handling unit, as combined with warm moist air, corrosion rates accelerate to destroy steel, aluminum, and other metals. The cost to repair and replace fans, fan housings, coil supports, coils, water basins, sumps, pans is a huge cost often caused by poor cleaning practices.
Bacteria is also responsible for damage of plastics, paintwork, and powder-coating.
Improved AHU unit reliability
The correct cleaning of heat transfer surfaces reduces breakdowns. The majority of breakdowns are due to the system not being cleaned properly. Often the unit is not broken, it is simply dirty.
Qualified Coolclean technicians
Our Coolclean technicians carry specialist equipment to perform work efficiently, to minimise impact on your operation. The cleaning process includes the application of an anti-microbial biocide, which is endorsed by HACCP and CSIRO to effectively remove contaminants. Our technicians are fully trained, and HACCP qualified to safely restore unit efficiency in food related areas.
Environmentally friendly cleaning
Avoiding the use of cleaning chemicals in food related areas makes perfect sense. As part of our standard clean, the food-safe biocide is environmentally friendly, pH neutral, non-corrosive and fully biodegradable.
Optimised cooling performance
By cleaning and treating the coils and surfaces, the Coolclean service restores units to ‘as new’ efficiency, where performance improvements see the correct airflow and temperature maintained.
Repairs and upgrades
Coolclean supply modern PVC air intake louvers that block-out sunlight from the exterior air intakes without greatly reducing the air velocity into a AHU. Easily retrofitted to an air intake, they reduce sunlight and in turn, reduce bacteria and mould growth inside the AHU. We offer specialised coating systems to salvage badly corroded fan housings, basins, sumps, and pans. Water sealing systems is another service offered to stop water damage to plant rooms
Coolclean provides cleaning and disinfection services throughout Victoria, including Melbourne CBD, Dandenong, Braeside, Berwick, Hallam, Geelong, Tullamarine, Brooklyn, Laverton, Derrimut, Sunshine, Port Melbourne, and Airport West.
Ensure the cleanest, most efficient operation of your fan coil units and evaporators. Contact us to discuss your requirements and get the best Air handling unit cleaning service.