Ripening Room – Humidity Control – Cooling Unit Hygiene Service Benefits
Ripening room and humidity control cooling units require routine disinfection cleaning and protection to ensure they are hygienic, efficient, and safe to operate. Ripening Room units are used for the storage and ripening of produce such as bananas, mangoes, citrus, and avocados. Humidity Control cooing units are used to cool produce quickly to remove field heat and to supply high humidity to maintain the water content in the stored produce.
Professional ripening room and humidity control unit, cleaning process delivers:
- Reduced electricity costs
- Eliminates bacteria and mould within the Ripening Room or Humidity Control Unit
- Eliminates the transfer of bacteria and mould from the Cooling Unit into the Ripening Room or Humidity controlled cool room space.
- Restores the correct airflow and the correct unit cooling capacity.
- Enhanced air quality into a Ripening Room or Cool Room. No bacterial rotting smells, no bacteria, no mould transfer.
- Assists to keep the Ripening Room or Cool Room mould-free and visibly cleaner as mould is not recirculated from the Cooling Unit.
- Improves the Ripening Room or Humidity Control Cooling unit reliability. Less breakdowns – Often the unit is not undersized; the Cooling unit is simply dirty.
- Remove biofilm to reduce corrosion and scaling within the Ripening Room or Humidity Control cool room and the cooling unit.
Dirty coils cause excess electricity costs
Coolclean is HACCP Certified for Ripening Room and Humidity Control Cool Room Hygiene cleaning service.
Coolclean follow strict work processes to carry out ripening room and humidity control unit disinfection cleaning and protection. Our technicians are fully qualified in HACCP standards and practices.
Power wash all interior surfaces to remove dirt, bacteria and mould
Included in our service
Coolclean uses an advanced residual microbial biocide to safely clean and protect units from bacteria and mould. Much more than just the superficial cleaning of internal surfaces, our technicians use custom equipment to penetrate the coils, hygienically cleaning without causing equipment damage.
Our service includes:
- Dismantling the cooling units and chemically disinfecting and protecting the air intake grills, fans, heat and cooling exchange coils, heat exchange PVC fill pack, drift eliminators, doors, and inside and outside surfaces.
- Cleaning of the interior, air intake grills, fans, ducting, fill pack, drift eliminators, and exterior of the humidity control unit
- Cleaning of the cooling and heat transfer coils using power washing techniques.
- Disconnect and flush drain lines.
- Clean and flush the water basin, sump, or trays. Fit a condensate pan tablet to control mould and other contaminants.
- Clean surfaces surrounding doors and seals.
- A comprehensive service report is provided, together with pre- and post-clean photos.
- Compliant with AS/NZS1668.2 and AS/NZS3666.2
Electricity costs significantly reduced
After 5 years, a non-cleaned ripening room or humidity control cooling unit can use up to 50% more electricity. The efficiency of these units is affected by a number of factors – the age of the unit, system maintenance and cleanliness can increase energy consumption. In time, the surfaces of coils, fill pack, ducts, fans, and air intake grills become dirty as the air moving through the Ripening Room or Humidity Control units can contain dust, dirt, pollen, bacteria, mould, pollen, and other contaminants.
Mould and bacteria control – Reduce corrosion.
Mould and bacteria thrive in a moist environment. During the cleaning process, we remove mould, bacteria and contaminants from cooling equipment and surfaces. We then chemically treat the unit to protect it from mould and bacteria regrowth. Biological growth is a major cause of corrosion within an ripening room or humidity control cool room unit, as combined with warm moist air, corrosion rates accelerate to destroy steel, aluminium, and other metals. The cost to repair and replace fans, fan housings, coil supports, coils, water basins, sumps, pans is a huge cost often caused by poor cleaning practices.
Bacteria is also responsible for damage of plastics, paintwork, and powder-coating.
Improved ripening room and humidity control unit reliability
The correct cleaning of heat transfer surfaces reduces breakdowns. The majority of breakdowns are due to the system not being cleaned properly. Often the unit is not broken, it is simply dirty.
Qualified Coolclean technicians
Our Coolclean technicians carry specialist equipment to perform work efficiently, to minimise impact on your operation. The cleaning process includes the application of an anti-microbial biocide, which is endorsed by HACCP and CSIRO to effectively remove contaminants. Our technicians are fully trained, and HACCP qualified to safely restore unit efficiency in food related areas.
Environmentally friendly cleaning
Avoiding the use of cleaning chemicals in food related areas makes perfect sense. As part of our standard clean, the food-safe biocide is environmentally friendly, pH neutral, non-corrosive and fully biodegradable.
Optimised cooling performance
By cleaning and treating the coils, fill pack, heat transfer medium, drift eliminators, and surfaces, the Coolclean service restores units to ‘as new’ efficiency, where performance improvements see the correct airflow and temperature maintained.
Coolclean provides cleaning and disinfection services throughout Victoria, including Melbourne CBD, Dandenong, Braeside, Berwick, Hallam, Geelong, Tullamarine, Brooklyn, Laverton, Derrimut, Sunshine, Port Melbourne, and Airport West.
Ensure the cleanest, most efficient operation of your fan coil units and evaporators. Contact us to discuss your requirements.