Penthouse and Alcove Unit Hygiene Service Benefits
These are large units, located in large scale cool room and cold storage facilities for distribution and warehousing.
- Reduced electricity costs
- Eliminates bacteria and mould in the cool rooms and cold stores.
- Restores the correct airflow and the unit cooling capacity.
- Enhanced food safety and increased produce shelf-life.
- Assists to keep the cool room mould-free and visibly cleaner as mould is not recirculated from the Penthouse or Alcove Units.
- Improves the penthouse or alcove unit reliability. Less breakdowns – often the penthouse or alcove units are not undersized; they are simply dirty.
- Remove biofilm to reduce corrosion and scaling the penthouse or alcove unit coil and casing.
- Reduce refrigeration gas leaks caused by the penthouse or alcove units running too hot.
- Reduce water condensation leaks and icing up of units.
Dirty coils increase electricity costs Clean coils – 100% cooling performance
Coolclean is HACCP Certified for Penthouse and Alcove unit Hygiene cleaning service.
Coolclean follow strict work processes to carry out penthouse and alcove unit disinfection cleaning and protection. Our technicians are fully qualified in HACCP standards and practices.
Laying plastic to protect racking Applying coil protection to control bacteria and produce below mould
Included in our service
Coolclean uses an advanced residual microbial biocide to safely clean and protect units from bacteria and mould. Much more than just the superficial cleaning of external surfaces, our technicians use custom equipment to penetrate the inner coils, hygienically cleaning without causing equipment damage. Our service includes:
- Dismantling units and cleaning the fan grills, fans, exchange coils and inside and outside of the condenser box.
- Intakes, racking, and equipment is covered with plastic film to protect it from water leaks and dust.
- Cleaning of the interior, air intake grills, fans, ducting, air dampeners, and exterior of the penthouse or alcove unit.
- Clean both sides of fan blades and safety grills.
- Clean heat transfer coils.
- Disconnect and flush drain lines.
- Clean and flush the condensation drip tray. Fit a condensate pan tablet to control mould and other contaminants.
- Clean surfaces surrounding doors and seals.
- A comprehensive service report is provided, together with pre- and post-clean photos.
- Compliant with AS/NZS1668.2 and AS/NZS3666.2
Clean units do not blow bacteria and mould onto
produce in cool rooms or distribution centres
Electricity costs significantly reduced
After 5 years, a non-cleaned Penthouse or Alcove unit can use up to 50% more electricity. The efficiency of these units is affected by a number of factors – the age of the unit, system maintenance and cleanliness can increase energy consumption. In time, the surfaces of coils, ducts, fans and air intake grills become dirty as the air moving through the penthouse or alcove unis can contain dust, dirt, pollen, bacteria, mould, pollen, and other contaminants.
Power wash coils to remove Clean and inspect recirculation fans
dirt – bacteria – mould
Clean Penthouse or Alcove units reduce bacteria
and mould transfer onto stock in distribution centres
Mould and bacteria control
Mould and bacteria thrive in a moist environment. During the cleaning process, we remove mould, bacteria and contaminants from cooling equipment and surfaces. We then chemically treat the unit to protect it from mould and bacteria regrowth.
Improved penthouse and alcove unit reliability
The correct cleaning of heat transfer surfaces reduces breakdowns. The majority of breakdowns are due to the system not being cleaned properly. Often the unit is not broken, it is simply dirty.
Qualified Coolclean technicians
Our Coolclean technicians carry specialist equipment to perform work efficiently, to minimise impact on your operation. The cleaning process includes the application of an anti-microbial biocide, which is endorsed by HACCP and CSIRO to effectively remove contaminants. Our technicians are fully trained, and HACCP qualified to safely restore unit efficiency in food related areas.
Environmentally friendly cleaning
Avoiding the use of cleaning chemicals in food related areas makes perfect sense. As part of our standard clean, the food-safe biocide is environmentally friendly, pH neutral, non-corrosive and fully biodegradable.
Optimised cooling performance
Food products must be stored at the correct temperature in order to ensure food safety. By cleaning and treating the coils and surfaces, the Coolclean service restores units to ‘as new’ efficiency, where performance improvements see the correct airflow and temperature maintained.
Improved food safety and product shelf life
Mould and bacteria thrive in a moist environment. This builds up naturally on cooling units, walls, and ceilings.
Penthouse or alcove units act as prime incubators to spread mould and bacteria throughout a cool room or cold store. While some moulds are desirable in foods such as blue cheese, other moulds and bacteria can produce contaminants that degrade food, cause illness, and reduce shelf life.
It is well known that contamination is a leading cause of food damage. Dirty Penthouse or Alcove units act as the primary source of contamination in cool rooms or cold stores. When cooling units are overdue to be cleaned, coils are typically chocked with dirt and bacteria. As a result, the fan spreads contaminants throughout the room. In order to break the cycle, cleaning and disinfection of cooling units is required.
Coolclean provides protection from mould and bacteria, to assist in keeping cool rooms hygienically clean and suitable for food storage.
Coolclean provides cleaning and disinfection services throughout Victoria, including Melbourne CBD, Dandenong, Braeside, Berwick, Hallam, Geelong, Tullamarine, Brooklyn, Laverton, Derrimut, Sunshine, Port Melbourne, and Airport West.
Ensure the cleanest, most efficient operation of your fan coil units and evaporators. Contact us to discuss your requirements.