Hybrid Adiabatic (Dry / Wet) Unit Hygiene Service Benefits
Hybrid Adiabatic units require routine disinfection cleaning and protection to ensure they are hygienic, efficient, and safe to operate. These units run is dry mode when the cooling load is low and in hotter weather can be put into the wet mode to increase the cooling effect. In wet mode they can allow bacteria and mould growth to occur in the basin, the cooling pads, and the cools. Cleaning is critical for many reasons.
Professional Hybrid Adiabatic (Dry / Wet) Unit, cleaning process delivers:
- Reduced electricity costs
- Eliminates bacteria and mould in the pads, basin, and coil.
- Eliminates corrosion and scale of the heat transfer coil caused by bacteria and mould growth when in wet mode.
- Restores the correct airflow and the correct unit cooling capacity.
- Improves the unit reliability. Less breakdowns – Often the hybrid adiabatic units are not undersized; the unit is simply dirty.
- Remove biofilm to reduce corrosion and scaling within the hybrid adiabatic coils and interior casing.
Coolclean is HACCP Certified for Hybrid Adiabatic (Dry / Wet) Unit Hygiene cleaning service.
Coolclean follow strict work processes to carry out hybrid adiabatic (Dry / Wet) Unit disinfection cleaning and protection. Our technicians are fully qualified in HACCP standards and practices.
Blocked water distribution holes cause poor cooling in Summer
Cooling pads must be power washed Coil must be power washed to maintain 100% regularly to achieve cooling performance cooling capacity
Damaged pads cause cooling failure in summer
Included in our service
Coolclean uses an advanced residual microbial biocide to safely clean and protect units from bacteria and mould. Much more than just the superficial cleaning of internal surfaces, our technicians use custom equipment to penetrate the coils, hygienically cleaning without causing equipment damage. Our service includes:
- Dismantling units and chemically disinfecting and protecting the exterior cooling pads, fans, heat and cooling exchange coils, doors, and inside and outside surfaces.
- Cleaning of the interior, fans, air off coil side, and exterior of the AHU.
- Cleaning of the cooling and heat transfer coils using power washing techniques.
- Flush out and de-sludge the basin and drain lines.
- Clean surfaces surrounding the inspection doors and seals.
- A comprehensive service report is provided, together with pre- and post-clean photos.
- Compliant with AS/NZS1668.2 and AS/NZS3666.2
Electricity costs significantly reduced
After 5 years, a non-cleaned hybrid adiabatic unit can use up to 50% more electricity. The efficiency of these units is affected by a number of factors – the age of the unit, system maintenance and cleanliness can increase energy consumption. In time, the surfaces of coils, ducts, fans, and air intake grills become dirty as the air moving through the Hybrid Adiabatic units can contain dust, dirt, pollen, bacteria, mould, pollen, and other contaminants.
Mould and bacteria control – reduce corrosion
Mould and bacteria thrive in a moist environment. During the cleaning process, we remove mould, bacteria and contaminants from cooling equipment and surfaces. We then chemically treat the unit to protect it from mould and bacteria regrowth. Biological growth is a major cause of corrosion within a hybrid adiabatic unit, as combined with warm moist air, corrosion rates accelerate to destroy steel, aluminium, and other metals. The cost to repair and replace fans, fan housings, coil supports, coils, water basins, sumps, pans is a huge cost often caused by poor cleaning practices.
Bacteria is also responsible for damage of plastics, paintwork, and powder-coating.
Improved Hybrid Adiabatic (Dry / Wet) Unit reliability
The correct cleaning of heat transfer surfaces reduces breakdowns. The majority of breakdowns are due to the system not being cleaned properly. Often the unit is not broken, it is simply dirty.
Qualified Coolclean technicians
Our Coolclean technicians carry specialist equipment to perform work efficiently, to minimise impact on your operation. The cleaning process includes the application of an anti-microbial biocide, which is endorsed by HACCP and CSIRO to effectively remove contaminants. Our technicians are fully trained, and HACCP qualified to safely restore unit efficiency in food related areas.
Optimised cooling performance
By cleaning and treating the coils and surfaces, the Coolclean service restores units to ‘as new’ efficiency, where performance improvements see the correct airflow and temperature maintained.
Coolclean provides cleaning and disinfection services throughout Victoria, including Melbourne CBD, Dandenong, Braeside, Berwick, Hallam, Geelong, Tullamarine, Brooklyn, Laverton, Derrimut, Sunshine, Port Melbourne, and Airport West.
Ensure the cleanest, most efficient operation of your fan coil units and evaporators. Contact us to discuss your requirements.