Fan Coil Unit Hygiene Service Benefits
- Reduced electricity costs.
- Eliminates bacteria and mould.
- Restores the correct airflow and the unit cooling capacity.
- Enhanced food safety and increased produce shelf-life.
- Assists to keep the cool room mould-free and visibly cleaner as mould is not recirculated from the FCU.
- Improves FCU reliability. Less breakdowns – Often the FCU isn’t broken, it’s simply dirty.
- Remove biofilm to reduce corrosion and scaling the FCU coil and casing.
- Reduce refrigeration gas leaks caused by FCU units running too hot.
Coolclean is HACCP Certified for Fan Coil Unit Hygiene Cleaning service
Coolclean follow strict work processes to carry out fan coil unit disinfection cleaning and protection. Our technicians are fully qualified in HACCP standards and practices.
Fan coil units blow bacteria and mould all around cool rooms so it is critical to service them regularly
Before cleaning After cleaning
Included in our HACCP Fan coil unit hygiene service
Coolclean uses an advanced residual microbial biocide to safely clean and protect units from bacteria and mould. Much more than just the superficial cleaning of external surfaces, our technicians use custom equipment to penetrate the inner coils, hygienically cleaning without causing equipment damage. Our service includes:
- Dismantling units and cleaning the fan grills, fans, exchange coils and inside and outside of the condenser box.
- Surrounding equipment is covered with plastic film to protect surroundings.
- Clean interior and exterior of FCU unit.
- Remove fans and motors, clean both sides of fan blades and safety grill.
- Clean heat transfer coils.
- Disconnect and flush drain lines.
- Clean internal and external surfaces of fan unit.
- Remove and clean condensation drip tray. Fit a condensate pan tablet to control mould and other contaminants.
- Clean surfaces surrounding fan unit.
- A comprehensive service report is provided, together with pre- and post-clean photos.
- Compliant with AS/NZS1668.2 and AS/NZS3666.2
Dirty coil – Poor cooling and higher electricity costs
Clean coil – 100% cooling performance
Power washing coils to increase cooling performance
Approved HACCP cleaning procedure – Fully traceable service for audit purposes
Service report with photographic evidence. Make your next audit straight forward. We provide a comprehensive service report for each fan coil unit, together with photos and a service sticker.
Electricity costs significantly reduced.
After 5 years, a non-cleaned unit can use up to 50% more electricity. The efficiency of cooling units is affected by a number of factors – the age of the unit, system maintenance and cleanliness can increase energy consumption. In time, the surfaces of coils become dirty as the air moving over the coils can contain dust, dirt, pollen, bacteria, mould, pollen, and other contaminants.
Before clean After clean
Mould and bacteria control
Mould and bacteria thrive in a moist environment. During the cleaning process, we remove mould, bacteria and contaminants from cooling equipment and surfaces. Following treatment, the unit is protected from mould and bacteria for a minimum of 12 months.
Improved FCU reliability
The correct cleaning of heat transfer surfaces reduces breakdowns. The majority of breakdowns are due to the system not being cleaned properly. Often the unit is not broken, it is simply dirty.
Qualified Coolclean technicians
Our Coolclean technicians carry specialist equipment to perform work efficiently, to minimise impact on your operation. The cleaning process includes the application of an anti-microbial biocide, which is endorsed by HACCP and CSIRO to effectively remove contaminants. Our technicians are fully trained, and HACCP qualified to safely restore unit efficiency in food related areas.
Environmentally friendly cleaning
Avoiding the use of cleaning chemicals in food related areas makes perfect sense. As part of our standard clean, the food-safe biocide is environmentally friendly, pH neutral, non-corrosive and fully biodegradable.
Optimised cooling performance
Food products must be stored at the correct temperature in order to ensure food safety. By cleaning coils and surfaces (together with 12 months’ added protection), the Coolclean service restores units to ‘as new’ efficiency, where performance improvements see the correct airflow and temperature maintained.
Improved food safety and product shelf life
Mould and bacteria thrive in a moist environment. This builds up naturally on cooling units, walls, and ceilings.
Cooling units act as prime incubators to spread mould and bacteria throughout a cool room. While some moulds are desirable in foods such as blue cheese, other moulds and bacteria can produce contaminants that degrade food, cause illness and reduce shelf life.
It is well known that contamination is a leading cause of food damage. Dirty fan coil units and Evaporator Cleaning act as the primary source of contamination in cool rooms. When cooling units are overdue to be cleaned, coils are typically chocked with dirt and bacteria. As a result, the fan spreads contaminants throughout the room and stains the ceiling. In order to break the cycle, cleaning and disinfection of cooling units is required.
Coolclean provides 12 months’ protection from mould and bacteria, to assist in keeping cool rooms hygienically clean and suitable for food storage.
Coolclean provides cleaning and disinfection services throughout Victoria, including Melbourne CBD, Dandenong, Braeside, Berwick, Hallam, Geelong, Tullamarine, Brooklyn, Laverton, Derrimut, Sunshine, Port Melbourne, and Airport West.
Ensure the cleanest, most efficient operation of your fan coil units and evaporators. Contact us to discuss your requirements. We also provide HVAC cleaning services.